Soft Cheese Kit
Soft Cheese Kit
Make 11 different types of soft cheese with this one cheese making kit! Includes everything you need to make soft cheeses, except for common kitchen equipment and milk.
Our helpline is available by phone or email to assist you in the cheese-making process. No worries!
Easy To Use
Simple, easy to follow instructions are included. Just follow the steps to make your own gourmet cheeses at home.
Make your own gourmet cheeses and save! This budget-friendly kit will save you heaps compared to the shops.
Our Soft Cheese Kit makes eleven delicious, homemade cheeses:
- Lemon Cheese
- Yoghurt Cheese
- Queso Blanco
- Crème Fraiche
- Fromage Blanc
- Neufchatel (American)
- Cream Cheese
- Quark (In a Bottle)
- Bondon Cheese
The kit comes with detailed, easy to follow directions demystifying all the steps in the cheesemaking process and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket. Recipes are easy to handle, 2 and 4-litre quantities, depending on which cheese you choose to make.
How Does It Work?
Making Soft Cheese is fun and easy. Most soft cheeses are made with these simple steps:
- Milk is warmed.
- Cheesemaking ingredients are added.
- The milk coagulates into a single curd.
- The curd is placed into a cheesecloth and hung to drain off the whey.
- The curd is sometimes pressed to remove more whey, with salting taking place before or after this process.
- The cheese is refrigerated and is often ready to be eaten immediately.
This Kit Contains:
- 24-page Recipe / Instruction Booklet
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- 1 x Mesophilic Soft Curd Starter Culture
- 1 x Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture
- 50 ml Liquid Vegetable Rennet (with a dropper cap)
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride (with a dropper cap)
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- Reusable Tight Weave Cheese Cloth
- Free Sterile Jars
You Will Need: (most of which can be found in your kitchen)
- Stainless steel pot to place your milk in large enough to hold four litres
- A second, larger pot to place your first pot in, to act as a water jacket, so you can indirectly heat your milk (Stock Pot Set)
- Large stainless steel or enamel colander
- Stainless steel perforated spoon
- Stainless steel curd knife
- Stainless steel ladle
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons (optional)
How Much Does It Make?
This kit contains enough ingredients to make over 100 batches of cheese.
How Do I Store The Ingredients?
We ship these products Australia wide, however, this kit contains ingredients that do require long term storage in a fridge or freezer, as marked, on arrival. Extended time out of a fridge or freezer will decrease the shelf life.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze-dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
Dosing Cheese Culture:
We are often asked, "if my culture pack is enough for 100 litres, how do I work out how much to use for four or eight litres"?